Eric is very passionate and committed to building a sustainable world. Toward that end, he is engaged in the following activities:
- He teaches a graduate class in “Social Entrepreneurship” in the business school at the Penn State Great Valley School of Graduate Professional Studies (Malvern, PA). This class focuses on how to build sustainable triple bottom line companies that serve people, profits and planet.
- He serves as Chair of the Sustainability Committee of Penn State Great Valley. The committee is tackling issues such as recycling, water management, energy savings, transportation, and building connections through research, teaching and service.
- He started his own triple bottom line company, e3garden. The latter is a small sustainable urban farm located in the greater Philadelphia area. e3garden has received three grants from the USDA and has partnered with Philips lighting company. More info is available at e3garden.com.
- Eric is a member of Transition Town Media (TTM), a community group in Media, PA that helps towns to become more sustainable and self-reliant. TTM is part of an international movement of Transition Towns.
- Eric has been a core member of the Solarize Greater Media committee of TTM to bring affordable solar power to 13 townships and boroughs in Southeastern PA.